SAP Upgrades and Migrations
Why upgrade your ERP System? Can your company afford not to?
itelligence UK are the experts in upgrading SAP successfully and cost-effectively. With over 10 per cent of the UK SAP installed base as clients we have tremendous experience in upgrading SAP and this knowledge is codified and managed in our Jumpstart methodology.
itelligence UK Jumpstart Methodology
SAP provides the world’s leading business software and the efforts of 12,000 developers are continually enhancing the scope and functionality of the system. However many users are still running old versions of SAP software deterred from upgrading for a number of reasons:
Cost – What will it take and how long?
Risk – How confident can I be that the upgrade will be successful?
Uncertainty – How will this upgrade affect my business?
Inertia - If it isn’t broke don’t touch it.
Technology – Not sure what the technical implications will be.
Why not let our customer success stories answer your concerns?
The good news is that Itelligence UK SAP Customers find that significant power savings can be made using modern hardware, which is significantly cheaper and significantly greener:
itelligence UK SAP Upgrade Success Stories
- Tetley Tea
- Indigo Light House
- Lyons Seafood
Why not find out more about upgrading your ERP System so you too can start making savings ASAP.
Free SAP Upgrade Assessment
Let us bring our depth of knowledge to your upgrade project. In our Free SAP Upgrade Assessment our consultants will work with you to come up with an upgrade project plan which can be fitted around your business goals, and the day to day running of your organisation.
- Identify possible windows to carry out the upgrade as it will require some down time on the SAP system.
- Come up with a plan showing resources needed from you and Itelligence UK for the implementation.
- Clearly identify and document the key elements of your solution which will need the most testing such as bespoke code and interfaces.
- Provide a basis for a proposal for itelligence UK to assist you with the upgrade.
How Does It Work?
We identify the key deliverables for the upgrade:
SAP Maintenance Constraints
- Identify which in house resource and skills can be used on the project.
- Establish a framework for the governance of the project.
- How to ensure a successful project and benefits realisation.
- Upgrade lessons learnt and recommendations from Itelligence UK’s Jumpstart methodology.
The deliverables from this will include:
- A proposed high level project plan - built around the constraints and capabilities of your business and proposing achievable timescales.
- A project organisation structure and role definition for the project.
- The upgrade project scope.
- A cost benefit analysis and high level benefits case.
- Identification of key risks and issues, and suggested mitigating actions.
- Roadmap for leveraging the benefits of the upgrade - including quick wins to the business.
Professional SAP Upgrade
itelligence UK can help you execute your upgrade, depending on your in-house capability and resource availability. The recommended approach is to do your technical upgrade first and then look at areas of the business on which to look for strategic improvements. Perhaps business process re-engineering and process optimisation might be required in some areas.
In upgrading your ERP solution it is critical that ‘New’ Functionality is not merely implemented on the basis of old process or perhaps less superior process that will not allow you to make the most of the new functionality and gain appropriate benefits.
Need more information on upgrading your SAP system? You can telephone or email us.